Things Looking Up

This January is getting interesting. Brent's business is doing better and I've already sold more hair sticks this month than I did last January. Hopefully I will sell some yarn this month, too. My dream is to spend my days making hair accessories and dyeing yarn. Of course, I do want room for knitting.

I wanted to finish the sweaters for Christmas, but that didn't happen. I am still working on the one for Knitter #2. And a pair of green pom pom peds. I love that pattern. Simple, easy, and I love that style of socks. After I finish the green socks, I have some other socks on the needles to work on. After the sweater, I will start Knitter #3's sweater. I hope I can get both of the sweaters done while it is still sweater weather.

Last year when I got septic shock, I had no idea the changes one day would bring in my life. Maybe not everyone is changed by coming so close to death, but I was. There are things that I just don't care that much about anymore. And other things have become more important. When I came home, I read stories online of people whose experiences were so awful. Energetic people who never completely regained their strength. I realized how lucky I was to be in the right hospital at the right time. I appreciate the life I have a lot more. I hug my kids and laugh with them every chance I get. Most of all, I appreciate what a gift my husband is. He spent every night with me in the hospital except the last night when I was out of the ICU and in a regular room. He said anyone could do that. But not everyone DOES. That is love and devotion. I am so lucky to have such a wonderful man.



Comments

Popular Posts