Knitting is My Life

Happy New Year! Our first day of the year has been great and I hope yours has too.

Yesterday I said I would share some of my resolutions with you. Here they are:

  1. Drink 4 jars of water every day
  2. Get into a workout routine
  3. Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables every day
  4. Make 2 sweaters that I have been planning and designing for YEARS.
  5. Knit a project in brioche stitch
  6. Knit a project in linen stitch
  7. Learn more ways to increase/decrease
I have more goals/resolutions for the year, but these are the ones I want to share. I suspect the water goal is going to be on my list every year. The more water I drink in a day, the better I feel. And the more fruits and veggies I eat, the less often I get sick. Not to mention, they don't have preservatives or gluten in them. Preservatives and gluten give me a lot of problems that I would rather not have to deal with. I had to last summer and it was UNPLEASANT to say the least.

I used to have knitting goals every year and after a while, I quit doing that. It can get hard trying to find new techniques to learn every year. The reason I started doing that was because I was one of those knitters who would look at a pattern and say “Oh, I can't do that. I don't know HOW to do that”. It finally occurred to me that it was ridiculous, so I started learning how to do everything. To be honest, I wasn't born to be helpless, indecisive, or say can't. I blame my mother for my attitude and my paternal grandmother for my desire for perfection. All of my aunts were enablers. None of those women ever told me I couldn't do something, they told me I could. See what I am saying? I didn't stand a chance. Knitting is my life. I have worked to make it my life. Originally it wasn't with intent, but then I became intentional about it. This year I decided to put all my goals in writing so I can keep track of my progress. There are DEFINITELY other goals on my personal list that I'm not posting here. Last year was my best year ever on Etsy, and I hope to make this year even better.

And now I am off to knit!


Comments

Probably Jane said…
Happy New Year to you too!

I hope you enjoy working on your resolutions, especially the knitting related ones.

Popular Posts