The Last Day of TV

It is the last day of February and the last day of tv here. I think it will be much easier to have the tv off during the school year. By the time summer comes, the kids will be used to no tv and will not act as if it is some kind of hardship. We didn’t watch much tv when I was a kid. We decided to shut it off until football season comes back around. The state of television programming only gets worse as time goes on. And it will save us a lot of money. The only way to get tv here is to have a satellite dish.

I hope winter ends soon. I have never welcomed the coming of spring so much except the winter my father died. That year (2009) spring held so much meaning. Life, hope, and moving on. Winter meant death and desolation. Old pagan sentiments. They were right. This year, winter came early and I am anxious for it to leave NOW. I’d be even happier for it to leave if I lived in most of the rest of the country. We’ve missed out on blizzards and subzero temperatures here. I want to see grass growing. I’ve bought all the hay I can buy from Gilbert the Hay Guy. And I need to find someone to shear my sheepers. In a month, we should get a few lambs.

Since all the good times will soon be upon us, I planted tomatoes, peppers, and eggplant yesterday. There doesn’t seem to be any room left under the lights for broccoli and Brussels sprouts. I love gardening season!

Comments

Anonymous said…
I want to shear your sheep!!! I got your message but deleted your number on accedent, PLEASE call me back, any time. I am up at 6 am my time getting kids on the bus. Diane Isenhart Love ya

Popular Posts