10 Already

It really, really disgusts me when I make a mistake like this. I've been knitting a gauge swatch so I can make this sweater for a little dog I know. I was knitting the gauge swatch on a couple of dpn's. Size 7's and size 5's. To be exact. Yeah. 7 AND 5. If you knit, you can see the problem. I kept thinking one row would feel tight and the next loose. I thought it was weird. Now I know why. And now I am reknitting the swatch with 2 size 7 dpn's. It should work out better this time.

A while back it rained. Actual, real rain. And then this showed up:

A Full Arch
A Pot of Gold

It was the brightest rainbow I've seen in a long time.  Part of the time you could see 2 full rainbows.  It was so beautiful!

This week is the culmination of 10 years' hard work around here. Knitter #2 is going to be 10 at the end of the week. I don't understand how my little baby got to be so big. And for someone who is turning 10, she is kind of tiny. When I wait for her afterschool, I always know when she comes out and heads down the hill. She is way smaller than any other kids. Just like I was. I have noticed lately that her pants are all getting too short. I think she is about to start the big sprout. When I was 10, I started to grow a lot. I was short when I was a little girl, but now I am average height. I expect the same will happen with my little knitter.

We all were sick over the weekend. Knitter #2 brought something home with her from school and shared it with everyone. So much for handwashing. Knitter #3 had to stay home from school today. We slept all morning while watching Scooby Doo. Scooby Doo NEVER gets old.

Comments

Popular Posts