Can I Knit, Please?

I have been so busy lately, and not knitting. It isn’t like I’ve done wonderful, dramatic things either. I get the feeling, the harder I try to keep our house clean, the messier it gets. Perhaps if we got the children their own house…

Last week, I came up with a new goal. All year, I’ve been trying to declutter our home. I’ve taken bags and bags of clothes to donate. This summer we decided for sure not to have any more kids, so that meant we could get rid of baby things. Anyone who has had kids knows how much space baby things take up. It is just unreal. Anyway, my goal is to donate a dozen kitchen sized trash bags full of stuff by the end of the year. We’ve already donated 8 bags this year. Bag 9 is filled and waiting to go the next time I visit our favorite charity/thrift store. I am pretty sure we can come up with the stuff to get rid of. To be brutally honest, I could probably get rid of another dozen bags of things, but I wouldn’t be popular with Brent or the girls. They would say ‘I was going to wear that’ or ‘I was going to play with that’ and wouldn’t be impressed with my ‘No you weren’t’ responses.

I am not impressed with our weather here. It has warmed up and the flies have reappeared. Last weekend I was buying fly tape and fly swatters to combat them. It is just icky to wake up to 20 or 30 flies in your kitchen I hate to say it, but I would really like to see some cold weather.

Speaking of cold, my friend, Kimi, has the coolest mittens. They are a mitten-glove combination that has a little flap on the thumb, too. They are also made in pretty colors that I am rather envious of her. They look handmade, but weren’t made by anyone she knows. I want some, so my next project to start should be some for me. But in the last week, I have started 2 new projects, so who knows when I will get to something like that.

My new projects are a striped Noro scarf and a headband to keep my ears warm when I go running. You will note that neither of these are the project I talked about starting a while back. I’ve grown fickle, I guess.

Comments

Quilting Mama said…
Love the clear the clutter actions. I too have been in this mode lately.

For things you suspect could "disappear" - put them in a box or bag and then in the closet. If nothing is asked about in 3-6 months, out it goes. My kids have so much that I have distributed elsewhere with this method. To date only 2 items have ever been asked about after being isolated and nothing after the bag or box has left the house.
Rebecca said…
I love getting rid of stuff - a bit harder to get my husband to do it, though. I had him choose five things to get rid of the other day - it was a difficult exercise for him.

Popular Posts