Sunday, December 14, 2008

Proof of Gardening

This is my proof that you can harvest from the garden in December in Idaho:



I am now wishing I had gone back and got the rest of carrots. We now have a light dusting of snow on the ground and it is very cold. It may not be very fun prying more of them out of the ground, but I need to before it freezes up too much. They don’t do so well if you leave them through the winter. And I don’t fancy digging them out in January…

This is the project I have devoted my Sunday knitting to:



It is going to be a stocking cap for Knitter #2. Not just any stocking cap, one she can put her pony tail through. I am hoping to have it finished tonight, but things aren’t looking that way right now.

Maybe there will be finished project pictures for tomorrow.

1 comment:

Quilting Mama said...

Love the stocking cap colors. That is a very happy pink tone.

Enjoy the late season carrots. My lawn guy doesn't know plants much beyond grass so he mowed down the baby carrot tops several times.