A Sad Loss

This a crappy way to make a post after weeks of silence. Mother’s Day was fabulous until about 9 pm. My oldest aunt called to tell me that my aunt Jo died. It was a shock. Aunt Jo has always been my youngest child’s favorite person in the whole world. I haven’t told my kids yet. There is no easy or good way to tell your 4 year old that her favorite person in the whole world is gone. How do you even do that? I didn’t know anyone who died until I was 15. My poor kids have had 3 very special people die in the past year and a half. It is so sad.

We’ve had lots of good stuff going on, and maybe I can post about it soon.

Comments

NinjaKnits said…
I'm so very sorry for your loss. I know that 'thing's will get better' isn't exactly what you'd probably want to hear right now, but it's true. And children are very tough when they have to be. My younger sibs and I lost the only person on their dad's side of the family who cared for us when I was just 8 years old. But I hope things start to look up again for you very soon.
Knotty Dogs said…
Oh no! I'm so sorry for your loss. Thoughts and prayers to you and the family.

Jodi
Quilting Mama said…
Our prayers are with your family. My daughter lost her favorite surrogate grandfather at 5 and she still tears up at times. It really is amazing how kids handle life changing events.

Popular Posts