A Knitting Day

Today is a knitting day. I have a mitten to finish for a swap. I made the color pattern up as I went with the first mitten. I was afraid it wasn’t going to fit her hand, so I had to rip half the hand back and lengthen it. I really hate when things like that happen. Just when you think you’ve hit the homestretch, you have to backtrack. At least it isn’t the sweater project I had a few years ago that I had nearly finished and had to rip completely and start over because it was too big.

I am probably going to take Soria to the fair this year. And I want to knit a lace scarf. What I would really like is for them create a division for shawls. I’m going to knit the Myrtle Leaf Shawl from Victorian Lace today. I’m thinking about getting some Malabrigo lace weight for it. I do have some lace weight yarn, but I don’t care for the color. I’m not sure if I will have the time to finish anything else to take to the fair. It is only 2 months away. Sewing is a whole different story. I’ll probably do some clothes for the kids for school and definitely an apron. It really annoys me that there something like 30 categories for crochet and about 10 for knitting.

The sheep are out in the front pasture for the first time today. Brent finished fencing it yesterday. It feels good to have some more pasture fenced for them. We are planning on building a shed for them, too. I don’t trust those wethers around my baby goats. I think in the future I will buy ewes.

Comments

Popular Posts