Maggie Rocks!

Now that everyone left comments about my running, I’ve stopped running. The first reason was the combination of a sore ankle and a Great Pyrenees LGD. One morning, Maggie and I had to run like hell because the Peruvian guys at the sheep farm couldn’t stop the damn dog. I really thought I might have to let go of the leash and turn to face the dog all while screaming for my husband on the walkie talkie. Maggie can run a lot faster than me and she was pulling me. I didn’t feel I was going to be attacked, but Maggie probably was. The second reason is that Brent got a call from his former boss and has gone back to work. I’m trying to figure out how to make his coffee and lunch AND still be able to go for my run before he has to leave. It might work out if I can get up at 5:45 a.m. instead of 6.

Tomorrow is the day I take things to enter in the fair. I don’t have much. I didn’t get anything finished that I had planned on. I have my Soria vest, a hat, and the skirt I got all the nice comments on. I’m sure that will be plenty. Maybe this year, I can make some things just to take to the fair next summer.

I am keeping with my plan to just knit from my ravelry queue. It’s 4 pages long and I actually have the yarn for 3 or 4 of the larger sweater projects. Sock yarn is not really an issue. And my sock yarn collection is MUCH smaller than many knitters out there.

Here are some things I’ve been working on lately:



A 1950's Vogue dress pattern. I can't wait to get it made and wear it. I love 1950's dresses.



This is the first in a series of hats. I am planning on taking it to the fair, and I plan on making a couple more for the girls to wear to football games this fall. Red and white are our colors. In a small town, everyone wears the colors, not just high school kids.



These are the Bella mittens I was working on for the fair. I haven't gotten much more done on them. They are going to be nice to wear. They go almost to my elbows. I am really loving the lush look of the big cables. For me, lush is the only word to use to describe them.

In past week or two, Maggie has been turning into a real sheep dog. Tonight, she ran the sheep in for me. And she’ll be 5 months old in two days. I am amazed. It wasn’t perfect by any means, but I took the time with her so she could understand what I wanted. It took 2 or 3 tries before she realized I didn’t want her to bring them back to me. The speed of a border collie never ceases to amaze me. They are so fast and so smart it is no wonder 2 or 3 dogs can move a herd of nearly a thousand sheep. I am very pleased that my sheep are learning the fear of dog again. They came from a farm with 3 good border collies, but they became rather snotty about things after being away from dogs for a while. Maggie rocks!

Comments

Kar said…
Thanks for visiting & commenting on my blog Kathy. I'll have to stop in on yours to see what is up. Little Maggie is just the cutest.

Where are you guys located?

Popular Posts