What's Up

I have more new sheep! Well, I’d bought them already, but Saturday we went and picked them up. Fortunately the weather was nice. I need to get pictures of them taken. I was so busy yesterday getting things ready for the winter storm coming in that I didn’t take any pictures. It snowed all day Sunday. Now the snow is all gone and the temperature is dropping. It’s been getting steadily colder since I got up at 6. We didn’t get any snow with the wind in the night. There was a cold wind that must’ve started about the time it got dark. It was dark when we got home, but it wasn’t when we left the dance studio and the wind wasn’t blowing then. No blizzard conditions for us. I should shut up now before something happens…

I’ve made a knitting decision. Any socks that I can’t finish in more than 2 years are probably not for me. Everyone else may love Monkey socks, but I just can’t get into them. They look cool, but they just don’t hold my interest. That yarn would be better off being made into something someone will wear. I started a pair of socks I’ve wanted to make for many years. I feel good about them and enjoy working on them. And I need more socks!

These are the felted mittens I made for the girls:



I am knitting cuffs on to them now.

I made this flower a couple weeks ago:



I saw something similar on Etsy and thought it would be a great way to use up remnants of yarn. It doesn’t take much. I just found a flower on Ravelry and crocheted it in, like, an hour. Voila! New kitchen scrubby. I love it.

Last week, I made several of these:



They are produce bags to use instead of the little plastic ones. I love the idea.

Someone asked how knitting was going with a broken finger. I managed to knit fairly well after the first few days. I did have to be pretty careful with my finger for the first couple weeks, but after that it didn’t bother me to knit at all.

Comments

Popular Posts