Dyeing for Hapalong
Over the weekend I dug into my yarn boxes and came up with a bunch possibilities for my Hansel hap shawl. I found yarn bagged up with patterns for sweaters in size 12 months. The pattern said it was for Knitter #3. She is now 9 years old and in the third grade. That yarn has been languishing in that bag for nearly 10 years. I did not realize I had actually been accumulating stash for that long. In my mind, I only started 3 years ago. But I had a lot of yarn when I joined Ravelry something like 8 years ago. I have been married almost 13 years (next month) and I didn't start accumulating stash until after we got married. Anyway, I found some yarn to use and I feel really good about finding a project to use that yarn with. A double win.
Here is what I did with the yarn I found:
I unwound several balls, tied them in hanks and dyed them. When I started the dye process I really wasn't sure how it would turn out, but it turned out perfect. I love the color. I can't wait to start the Hapalong on Friday. I haven't dyed the contrast colors for the border yet, but I have some time before I will need them.
One of my requirements I put on myself to do the Hapalong was to finish my socks and my Ravello sweater. The socks have been coming along:
The heels are done and am knitting right on down the foot on both socks. They might really be done by Friday. My sweater probably won't be done, but you never know.