Autumn Knitting Anyone?

Autumn is here and there has been lots of knitting going on here at 3 Grrrls Knit.  Way last spring, I started knitting a Hap shawl for the Knit British Hapalong. I'd wanted to knit one for a long time, so when I found out about  the Hapalong, I went pattern hunting. I decided on the Hansel pattern by Gudrun Johnston. Currently, I'm knitting the second to last row before starting the edging. I am excited to see it flat. Right now, this is what it looks like :



I have a bunch of projects either on the needles or waiting to be cast on and they all have something in common. Stash reduction. I did not even purposely do it. Both of the girls wanted sweaters this fall, and they both chose patterns that just happened to call for yarns that I had in the stash. I purposely planned my Hansel with yarn from my stash,  some of which I dyed. Sometimes things just come together perfectly. I am hoping to do a few more projects this year that use up stash yarn. It has been really fun so far.

Comments

Popular Posts