More Snow...

I am finally feeling like Christmas is coming. For some reason, last week it just wasn’t settling into my mind that Christmas was around the corner and I needed to get moving with the Christmas plans. Now I am wondering if I’ll get anything made for the kids. AND we are wondering if Knitter #3 told her big sister what she’s getting her for Christmas. We did the shopping yesterday and suddenly this morning, the thing she is getting from her sister is what she’s going to ask Santa to bring her for Christmas. Knitter #3 didn’t tell last year. And she was only 4 then. I can’t get her to confess to telling, so I don’t know what to do.

I’ve been spending most of my crafting time working on a present for my boss, Gretchen. I don’t really think of her as my boss. Anyway, I’m almost done with the gift and will get some pictures of it before I am done.

I do have pictures of a project from last weekend:


Stewing on the stovetop


Filling the carboy

Beer! This is a Nut Brown Ale kit we got from Midwest Supply. It is due to be bottled up on Christmas. Providing it is ready, of course. I am going to have to start checking it with the hydrometer every day now. It will be exciting in a few weeks to taste our stuff.

And here is the yarn that I’d just gotten last post:



I joined 11 Sweaters in 2011 on Ravelry a while back. I am all kinds of excited about knitting a bunch of sweaters. There are a couple bulky sweaters I’ve wanted to do for ages and it is my perfect excuse to get with it and buy the yarn. One is an Icelandic Lopi sweater. It is from their No. 18 book. I don’t know if it is still in print because I bought mine right after I got married. The other sweater is this DROPS sweater. It is the bulky red, purple, and orange you see above. It is a short sleeve sweater and I am pretty excited about making it and wearing it this winter.

Keeping track of the balls of yarn I’ve used up in my sidebar has inspired me to try to keep track of how much I buy and how much I use. I am not going to try to count up all the balls of yarn I have. Just what comes in and what gets used.

It’s been snowing here again. Yesterday we had at least 5 inches and today, I am not sure. It has rained as well and that tends to ‘settle’ the snow. Plus it is snowing like crazy right this minute. If it snows too hard, I’ll lose my internet connection…

Comments

Good luck with your 2011 sweater goal...it will be fun seeing all of your finished sweaters!
jessie said…
Of course I should have been reading your blog and I would have known about the beer making! So yes, from a kit. I have to start with something lighter as my husband is kind of a wuss about dark beers. I like it all, myself. :-)

Popular Posts