A Bit Hot for Knitting

Phew! It's been a bit warm lately. The other day it was 108 degrees here. And when I went
to bed at 10:30, it was 93 degrees. It sure makes me thankful for air conditioning. I turned the ac off at 6 am when it finally got down under 80 outside. But I had to turn it back on by 9 am. It has not been quite so hot at night since then. This happens every summer, so you'd think I'd get over it. I could pass on gardening at 5:30 in the morning. This time of year, I kind of enjoy that we live in a valley that keeps the sun from shining on us early in the morning. Unfortunately, it also means we have lots of hot afternoon and evening sun. In the winter we enjoy it, though.

Knitting still happens here:


I did a kal last month in my Ravelry group and this is what we were knitting. This month we are doing another scarf kal. No pictures of that yet. As usual, there are a ton of things I wish I was knitting right now. I have long list of projects I want to make all the time. One of my next projects is going to be a sweater made with aran weight yarn. I am convinced it will knit up faster than all the fingering weight projects I've been working on.

One of my goals this year was to get more of my patterns up on Ravelry and I've been doing some things towards that end. The biggest issue is choosing charting software. First I thought there wasn't anything much out there. And then after a few different searches, I realized there are quite few options. I think I have one picked out, now. And I am working on a website all my own. When it is up, I'll post about it.

I've been thinking about a new knitting technique to learn. I used to make a point of trying to learn 3 new things every year, but after a while it got hard to come up with something I wanted to learn. If finishing all your projects was a technique, I'd have it. I am looking for ideas. Do any of you out there have a suggestion? Tell me!

Comments

Popular Posts