Sword of Gryffindor Mitts


Here are my Sword of Gryffindor Mitts. I started them a while back and set them aside to knit some other things. I have sworn to myself that I won't start any new projects until I get a few cleared out. Back to the mitts. I have really been enjoying this project. It is just right for taking along with me. It's small, with a lot of plain knitting. And with just enough lace to keep things from getting boring.


This lace pattern isn't a one sided lace. Some lace patterns are purled or knitted across on one side. This particular one isn't and you have button holes to place on the arm of the mitt. It requires you to pay attention and I like that.

I am knitting this in a new sport weight yarn I've been putting in my shop. It is Moon Stone FarmSuperwash Sport in Summer Berries. For the buttons, I think I will use buttons from my grandmother's button box. It requires a lot of buttons, so there is the chance I might have to buy some buttons instead.


What are you knitting this summer?





Comments

Popular Posts