January Socks and Quilting

I am getting terrible about posting. I have promised myself that I will post 3 times this week. Hopefully, I will get around to it AND have something to talk about.

My January socks are coming along pretty well. I am not sure I like the way the heel was done. Previously, most of my socks have had your every day run of the mill short row heel. I think I prefer it. Someday I will make up my own perfect sock pattern. My husband has asked for more socks to keep his feet cozy while working. We are suffering in the cold now. My sweetie likes to have warm feet while all his coworkers whimper about their frozen feet.



My current new project is making up a vest for my aunt. She decided she wanted a vest instead of a sweater. I am using The Knitter’s Handy Book of Patterns by Ann Bud and Traditional Fair Isle Knitting by Sheila McGregor. I’m working at a goodly gauge, too. 4 stitches to the inch. Love the quick knitting.


At long last, I have a picture of my log cabin blocks for you. There is a lot of work to do, but I still have plenty of time. I will probably let it slip away and have to get in a big hurry around the first of next month.

Comments

Lone Knitter said…
I think your heel looks great. Sock knitters always find some pattern that they'll knit over and over again. At least that's what I'm finding. The daffodil yarn looks so cheery. I love the fact that your husband appreciates handknit socks. The log cabin square is pretty. I haven't begun any quilting just yet :)
Bee said…
wow what a beautiful quilt block... I am always in such awe of peoples quilting. =)
Rebecca said…
Your quilt block and sock look great! I am working on a sock right now and don't really care for the heel, either. It has a purl rib down the back, and I wonder how that will wear. It also has holes where the heel and gusset join - and it's not knitting, just a really loose join. It's on size one needles, but perhaps I should have switched to a smaller size there. One day I will have knit enough socks to know what I am doing!

Popular Posts