Wardrobe Refashion

This morning I was checking out the blog of a commenter when I found the Wardrobe Refashion ‘08 blog. How cool. I am taking the pledge not to buy anything new for 6 months. You can shop thrift stores and make or refashion new things. I can shop until September 1, when the new round begins.



I, Kathy Walker, pledge that I shall abstain from the purchase of "new" manufactured items of clothing, for the period of 6 months. I pledge that I shall refashion, renovate, recycle preloved items for myself with my own hands in fabric, yarn or other medium for the term of my contract. I pledge that I will share the love and post a photo of my refashioned, renovated, recycled, crafted or created item of clothing on the Wardrobe Refashion blog, so that others may share the joy that thy thriftiness brings!

Signed, Kathy Walker.

This morning it was time to trudge up to the garden and visit the bean patch. I think little bunnies may be visiting it, too. However, I am still getting plenty of beans, so I won’t complain much. Last time I didn’t get quite as many as this morning:



This is where I am with my toy tortoise:



Right now I am knitting on its head. After the head there is the top shell pieces and the shell edging to knit. I am hoping that I will be able minimize the sewing and use the edging to ‘sew’ the top and bottom together. And, hopefully, I won’t be hating myself halfway through the process…

Comments

Probably Jane said…
What a great idea to sign the Wardrobe Refashion pledge - you have inspired me to seriously consider it myself although I would have to add that I also pledge to eat a few less biscuits so that I can fit into some of the perfectly good clothes at the back of the wardrobe!

Popular Posts