I Won!

I got 2 blue ribbons, 1 red, and 1 white at the fair:







This one won a special award as well as a blue ribbon:



The girls did very well, too:




I am quite proud of them and their art work. I’ve never made a dime off any artwork I’ve done. They’ve both made their first dollar on their artwork. I guess they can officially say they are artists. But not starving artists until they leave home.

We are now gearing up for the school year. School starts officially next Friday for Knitter #2. First grade. Her very first time going to school every day. I started last week working us back into a regular schedule because getting her ready for school last year was such a nightmare. I am also trying to savor the fact that it is still summer. I love summer, but I also love shopping for school supplies. I always have. Preschool doesn’t start until September 1.

Knitter #2 reminded me this afternoon that I had promised to make new dresses for them for school. I already have to get their backpacks made, so it seems like I have some sewing ahead of me this week and next.

Before I do any sewing, though, there is this:

This is most of the yarn that I have recently bought. Part of it has already been knit up into the back and about 1/3 of the front of my new sweater project. I am considering giving myself a challenge to see if I can knit it all before the end of September. A challenge like that always gets me excited to knit. It would almost be cheating because several of the projects are knit on pretty large needles. My current sweater is on size 15’s.
Anyone who really knows me and my knitting knows the challenge is on. My only problem is that part of the yarn that WEBS sent was the wrong yarn. I need to call them and fix the problem before I forget about it. I think I might be able to use the wrong yarn for a sweater I’ve been drooling over for a while…

Comments

Rima said…
Congratulations! You deserve it!
Mighty fine work--congrats!

Popular Posts