Sunday, September 05, 2010

Something Finished?!

So much time, so little blogging. Summer is officially over, even for me. And the weather has proven it. I’ve never been so cold in August as I was this year. It is possible I’ve been colder in September because it’s one of those months where funny things can happen.

I finished knitting projects! And I am finally working on the hood of the pink sweater. I’m thinking of altering the way the pattern is done, but I need to read through it first. Why seam when you can short row it? I’m just not good at following the rules, anyway.

What I really want to do is start a new project. But I have forsworn new projects until I finish up most of the ones I have. And I have 2 that are little more than freshly cast on. There’s the ill advised shawl/scarf and the Bonsai vest. Maybe something small and fast when I get the hood finished. Maybe some hats and mittens. I’m thinking about ripping the shawl/scarf out and making something different with the yarn. There is well over a thousand yards of my lace weight and I think I’d like to make something bigger with it.

3 comments:

Kar said...

I know exactly what you mean. I have so much on my list that I want to do. I'm not sure I will ever get it all done in this life time. :) But I'm going to give it a good try.

At Home Mommy Knits said...

I love that fall is around the corner and with a new excitement for knitting!

Rebecca said...

You can't deny the new project loveliness! There is no need to finish projects - it's all about the shiny new! haha!