Give Me My Knitting Time

It has been a busy week. I think I always have a better day or week if I have my knitting time. And this week there has been very little of that. Today, there WILL be knitting!

This is where my green knee socks are currently:



I think my next several pair of socks are not going to be knee socks.  I love knee socks, but sometimes you need  a project that doesn't involve constant shaping.  A nice straightforward, knit for 7 inches leg is really sounding good right now.

In other sock related news, I have been reading up on spinning a nice, hard wearing sock yarn. These are the result of my reading and then shopping:



Now I am going to read up on blending with a drum carder. I am not sure if I should dye the fiber first or dye it after it is spun and plied.  Right now, I am leaning towards dyeing before spinning.

Last week when I was digging yarn out of baskets to throw in the freezer, I found this project buried in the bottom of one of those baskets:



This is my Drachenfels shawl from the Big Bad Bergalong last fall. I loved the pattern the first time I saw it. The striping keeps it fun and I am really interested in how the colors will look once I get the third color joined in. This shawl is just proof that I can't do a KAL and expect to finish.  Now, I do know that I am not the only knitter out there that has issues with finishing a project during a KAL, but it annoys me that joining a KAL seems to mean I will not finish a project any time soon.  I am reasonably certain that I am the problem, not the knitting.

Have a blessed weekend!


Comments

Popular Posts