Sock Yarn

We have finally finished planting the garden.  And I hope that means more knitting time.  For the last week, I have been spending most of my spare time fretting about the garden or trying to get it all in the ground.  This year has been a bit weird with the cold weather hanging on late into the spring.  Normally, the garden would have all been in several weeks ago.  If it had been, I would have been buying more tomato and pepper plants. Count your blessings where you find them.

I have been thinking about the copious amounts of superwash fingering weight yarn I have that really isn't suitable for socks.  It is manufactured to be sock yarn, but if it doesn't have nylon in it, the socks have holes after 3 or 4 wearings.  To me, this means I am not going to waste my knitting time making socks with that yarn. I don't really wear shawls, so that leaves sweaters, hats, and fingerless mitts.  These yarns will not become mittens or gloves for the same reasons they aren't  going to become socks.


They are beautiful.  Just not good for socks.


There are some really lovely skeins that I am going to make socks with soon. They all contain nylon, which will stand up to my feet, shoes, and lifestyle.



There are some really beautiful ones that I haven't even taken pictures of.  That seems like heresy to not have pictures of all the beautiful skeins of yarn.  Especially for a dyer.  Which brings me to another point.  I am closing my Moon Stone Farm Yarn shop on Etsy.  After doing this for a number of years, it has just become too hard to sell yarn there.  My other shop has carried the yarn shop for several years, so I feel like it is time to stop doing it that way.  For the near future, I will only be dyeing yarn for myself.

Comments

Popular Posts