The End of Summer

In some ways, this is a sad time of year. All the poor kiddies going back to school. Summer coming to an end. Moms sending their little girls off to school for the very first time and wondering how they got to be that old. We are sending our oldest to preschool this year. I can’t believe that she is 4 and starting school. It’s only 2 hours twice a week, but it is the beginning of sending kids to school that will last for close to 20 years. If you don’t count college, of course.

My knitting has been crawling along slower than a snail. This morning I was starting to get with it when I had Brent try his sweater on. Somehow, all the other times I had him try it on, it didn’t look short. It is too short and somehow I have to remedy that. More annoying at the time was that the neck was out of whack. That was the reason I had him try it on, it just seemed like there were too many neck stitches. I ripped it back to the first shoulder strap and tripled them in length. I am back to the neck now and it fits well except for the length. I think I am going to have snip at the top of the ribbing , remove it, and then knit down about 2 or 3 inches and then do ribbing again. As it turned out, the first game is THIS Thursday, and I think I may be able to finish it by then. If not, he’ll just have to suffer…

After my last post, a commenter asked if I lived in Alaska. No, I don’t. I live in Idaho. My husband lived in Alaska for 11 years. Most of that time he lived in the Palmer and Wasilla area. He also lived in Juneau, Anchorage, Homer, and on Kodiak. He and a friend left Alaska for 6 months and went to Hawaii and worked. But then the salmon started to run and they had to get back. Brent only intended to go up for the summer the year he went up. It took him a while to get back…. If I think of it sometime, I will scan a picture of the little cabin he lived in. It was VERY tiny. I should do a post on some of his better stories.

Comments

Lone Knitter said…
I know how you feel about time passing too quickly and the knitting going too slowly! My little sister is starting her junior year and she got a job this summer. Oh boy! I can't believe she's all grown up. I hope that preschool goes well for your little one.

Popular Posts