A New Project

The old project is done, washed, drying/blocking since yesterday afternoon. I did not wait to start the next one. I couldn't hold myself back. It is called Marihone. However, I have been working on my sock. Just more boring old knitting news, heh heh.

We are getting neighbors all around us, it seems. I have nearly always lived in the country and lately it feels as if walls are closing in. There is a new house going to the south of the neighbors we already have to the south. People brought the property to the north of us and have drilled a well and moved their 5th wheel onto the property. I grew up in a place where the nearest neighbor lived a mile away. That is not counting my grandmother's house or the aunt and uncle across the road. They were part of the family farm. I am beginning to feel like I live in the city or something. That is silly, of course. The neighbors aren't 20 feet away, after all. For the first time, though, I need blinds or curtains on my bedroom window. Yeah, yeah, what do I have to whine about...

My good news? It was less than 100 here yesterday.

Comments

Lone Knitter said…
I'm so jealous of your finished object! It looks as if it's going to be very cute. Stay cool!

Popular Posts