Our Mother's Day Outing

Happy Mother’s Day to all and many thanks for the good wishes for our anniversary. I can not believe that we have been married for 5 years already.

Today we celebrated with a trip to the mountains. The smell was so beautiful. The trees make the air up there like perfume. We’ve been to the mountains several times lately, but today we went to a different area.

We saw this hungry little guy:


Mormon Cricket

We looked for these:


lip smackin' good

And as you see, we found them. Delicious morels. After that, we drove around on the roads. I may have some more pictures of our adventures in a day or two.

I get to spend the rest of my day knitting. When we were on our way home, I told my sweetie that’s what I was going to do. I’ve been knitting the ruffles onto Boo’s sleeves. When I am done, I will post a picture. Sadly, I had short lived knitting thrill today. I thought I had gotten to the point on my window covering where I could start some more color work. Then I counted markers and realized I have another 50 rows to go. I might check it against the window tonight, because it just seems like I should be getting there. How often do you hope that your math is wrong this ardently? I can’t wait to finish that thing and start a new sweater.

Comments

Lone Knitter said…
Truffles? And ruffles? Looks like you had a great Mother's Day. Good luck getting the window hanging done.
Honey, my math is always wrong!! Glad you found what you were looking for in the woods, have you eaten them yet?

Popular Posts