Porch Knitting

Ah, what weather! Makes it hard to knit. Unless, of course, you take your knitting outdoors for some action shots. I like knitting out on the porch, too. Anyway, this is my action shot:



The window covering has grown since you last saw it. There are still what seems like miles to go on it. I even had to get into another one of those Red Heart Supersaver skeins. That is good news in a way. It means I’m using up lots of that dreaded acrylic that I’ve been trying to get rid of the past few years. I had lots of this dark red stuff because it got lost. I had bought it for an afghan that it took me a couple years to get around to. Acrylic has its place in the world. It is great for toys because you can just throw it in the washer when it gets dirty. It isn’t as soft as wool, though. The acrylic stuff that is soft has other problems. Not to mention that it is made with oil. I decided to go natural about a year before I started the blog. Since then, I have bought some acrylic, but I’ve tried to go with natural fibers.

Other news. This is a special week at our house. Not just because my husband is on vacation this week. Friday is our 5th anniversary. I can’t believe we have been married for 5 years. Time flies by and gets away from you. It is amazing. It reminds me of a book I read in high school, With a Lantern in Her Hand . It’s about a girl named Abigail back in the pioneer days in Nebraska. Really, it is about her entire life. What I remember is that in one part, she is getting married and says she wishes she could make time stop just for a minute. I don’t remember the author’s name but that book has stuck in my mind for 20 years. Maybe I should go look it up someplace.

MMMMM. I smell popcorn. Made on the stovetop in a pan popcorn. Yummy.

Comments

Rebecca said…
Congratulations!
Michelle said…
Congrats on the 5 years! My 5-year is this September. I agree it has really flown by! Hope you have a great celebration.
janilizi said…
Happy anniversary,just dropping by to say I have almost finished my first project a felted bag ( bit nervous about the felting bit!) with the yarn I bought with your gift voucher will try to post a photo when I am done
Janice
Happy Anniversary!!
Pennie said…
Congrat's I'm going on 13!

Popular Posts