What's Knitting Here

It is high time I make a post this year. This weekend, I hope to be doing a lot of knitting. When Brent comes home tonight, I intend to inform him of that. The weather is currently too nasty to go out taking down Christmas lights. At least we don’t live in California, it is supposed to get really nasty down there.

I enjoy reading about other people’s resolutions. Taste of June has set a goal of knitting 20 pairs of socks this year. If she does, I will have to worship her. I admire anyone who can knit over 6 pairs of socks in a year. I wish I could knit socks as fast as that. Hopefully, I will put a dent in my list of socks that I want to make. It seems to grow so much faster than I can knit.

Right now, I am knitting the pink and black socks that languished for so long. I am working my way up the leg of the second sock. After that, I am going to finish making mittens for the kids. Then I can make some mittens for me. I have wanted to make the Cathedral Mittens since I bought Homespun Handknit pre-children. The fabulous thing about them is that I can eat up some balls of yarn that are laying about waiting for the moths to descend upon us. Always handy. It seems wrong to set in making a pair of mittens for myself if I haven’t made any for the kids. First things first. The great thing about kids mittens is that they go quickly. Biggish needles and worsted weight and the next thing you know, I’ll be breaking out the fingering weight and the little needles...

Comments

Probably Jane said…
You know you want to make mittens! How about doing the kids mittens when you need a simple, no nonsense project and save the adult ones for when you have a little more peace to concentrate? That's how I justify starting multiple projects at the same time...

Popular Posts