It's A Body


The body of Marihone is finally done. That means only a couple sleeves to go. Everyone loves a finished object. I haven't started the first sleeve yet, but I am champing at the bit to give it a go. I am reallly just dying to get it done so I can knit something in larger yarn on larger needles. My next project is Boo from Knitty. I am using some worsted yarn from my stash for it. The pattern uses Noro Silk Garden, but I am just going to imitate the striping pattern with my stash yarn. My daughter loves the sweater and at her age it is all about the colors.

It has turned so cold here in the past 2 days that all I can think about is knitting myself a sweater. I made a list today of possible projects. Somehow it grew to include a baby blanket for our nearly 1 year old. Everyone needs a cozy blanket for christmas. And there are always those 'evil' enablers out there to reinforce that thought in the back of your mind that you really do need more yarn. They are right, you DO need that yarn. I like shopping for the yarn almost as much as I like buying it.

And how in the heck did my BABY get to be nearly a year old????

Comments

Lone Knitter said…
Wow, that is an awesome looking sweater! You're so brave. I could never knit anything that required using all those different yarns at once! Wow. The ladybugs are delightfully cute.
Anonymous said…
I love the ladybugs! And I don't think it is ever possible to have too much yarn or fabric. Especially when there are so many incredible colors and textures and fibers...

As soon as I got back to AK, I looked up the pattern for the mens' socks you are knitting. That looks like a great pattern. I see a Christmas present in there. :)

Popular Posts