Socktoberfest Begins



Socktoberfest started off great here on Sunday. Since then it has pretty much languished because I have been gone a lot the past 2 days. I haven't even knit yet today. How weird is that? My first picture today is where I picked up on the second sock for Brent Sunday morning. The second picture is where I ended up by the end of the day. And I have stuck with my no knitting other things after 10 am. I am wondering how many socks I can pump out this month. And now that I have cursed myself...



My little knitters and I had the best day out today. We went shopping with my cousin, visited Grandpa working at his new digs*, and found the coveted knitting needles for a little knitter to learn on. She points and says "Are those my knitting needles?" "Yes, they are!" says mommy. A Mom can hardly refuse knitting needles to a little girl. They are aluminum, purple, and size 15. When we got home she used them as drumsticks.

Doing that Secret Pal questionnaire yesterday practically wore me out. All that thinking about what I like and what I don't, etc. I can't wait to find out about the person I get so I can go shopping for them. I like looking at things for other people. When I look at yarn for me, I think 'this is too expensive' or ' that can wait'. And then I never do use that luscious yarn I long after.

*My Dad and uncle recently sold the family farm and are moving to town. Dad is making improvements to his "new" place. And I plan on making some improvements to his yard with sneaky bulb planting, hee hee.

Comments

Very impressive progress for one day. Esp. with kids around! What pattern are you using? It's beautiful...
Lone Knitter said…
Wow! A little girl and new knitting needles especially for her. It makes me want to cry. How beautiful.

Popular Posts