Knitting Weather

I was going to post a picture of a bear sweater today, but the weather was too gloomy for pictures. It has been rainy all day. Right now it is raining and blowing. Very unpleasant if you are outside. A great time to be indoors and knitting. And maybe eating cookies with a big cup of hot chocolate. I love weather like this if I get to be indoors.

Over the weekend, I sewed up an apron for myself. I made up the pattern myself, and it didn’t take long for me to decide what I didn’t like about it. They are addictive little things. I have half way decided I need to make some for the girls for Christmas. I’ve been sewing small instant gratification things lately. Aprons really fit the bill for that. Last week, I made doll clothes for a naked dolly we had here.

Tomorrow I have to do the last of the Christmas shopping. I can’t tell you how much I hate that. I will have to go in stores that will be crowded with people. The only parking will be far, far from the doors because we have to wait for Knitter #2 to be out of preschool before we go. But there is an upside. We are meeting Grandma for lunch and she is taking Knitter #2 home with her for a couple days. I can’t tell you how I dread the idea of NOT listening to constant fights over toys and who gets the best spot on the couch. Somehow, I will just have to survive it….

Comments

I share your hatred of Christmas shopping!!! It's so pointless.

Popular Posts