Chicks and Bunnies

We finally got our baby chicks on Thursday. We are already down to 7 from 8. I had a bad feeling about it as soon as we got home because it wasn’t as lively as the others. That is generally an indication that it isn’t going to make it. The good thing about baby chicks is that if they make it through the first few days, they are going to be fine as long as you take good care of them and keep them out of harms way. Here they are in all their cuteness:



When they grow up they should be shades of gray. I think Blue Cochins are some of the prettiest little birds I’ve seen.

I’ve been a bit bored lately, so I’ve been looking around for some fun knit along type things. This site is a good place to look for such things. Looking there I found the Mystic Light KAL. It is one of those shawl kal’s where you get the pattern bit by bit. I dyed this yarn for it:



On my monitor, the colors are brighter than they actually are. If the orangish bit doesn’t look like the color of rust, you probably aren’t seeing the real color, either. I will be balling up a skein of it today to do the swatch that has already been posted. It is open to join until the 25th of this month. I also joined the Favorite Color Swap. I think this is a nice swap because it is open to anyone. It isn’t just for knitters and you don’t even have to be a crafter at all. You also choose a spending category, so you get matched up with someone who has the same interests as you and the same spending category. It is a very cool idea that I haven’t seen before. It closes today. I think you can still sign up today, anyway.

Yesterday I was wandering my way to the quilting dept at JoAnn’s when I found this:



I have been wanting to get this book for a long time. I’ve read Angry Chicken for a long time and get great ideas/inspiration there. The book looks great, too. Probably one of the reasons I like Amy Karol so much is that she learned a lot of crafting from her mom and grandma just like I did. Plus she has little girls just like me. I always really envy people that learned knitting at a young age, because that was one thing I didn’t learn from Mom or Grandma. I hope to teach my girls to knit someday.

Last of all, I am going to start some easter bunnies for the girls this weekend. They are going to be a sewing project that was inspired by the embroidery book that I’ve been going on and on about here. When I get a little something to show you, I'll post a picture of the inspiration, too.

Comments

Rebecca said…
Yay! The chicks are so cute. I don't remember reading what happened with yours from last year...some were gotten by a bob cat, a lot of roosters? - did you eat some? Did some survive?
Rima said…
So cute chicks. Growing up, my brother was obsessed with the chicks on my aunt's and grandparents' farms. We have many pictures of him in his underwear, running behind those tiny birds. Now he runs behind a different kind of chicks.
Oh those chicks are sure cute at that age! My friend is a farmer and he just got a call from the PO that "a noisy little package just arrived for you"...I'm sure you know that feeling!!

Popular Posts