Fun Hurts

I was SO sick with a cold yesterday that I can’t remember the last time a cold had me down like that. And then we went sledding and I hit my tailbone so hard on a bump that it hurts like crazy when I get up from sitting. I had forgotten how thrilling it is fly down a hill at lightning speed. In spite of all that, I managed to finish my skirt and get most of the way through a top.

My skirt:



This skirt is McCall’s 5390. I love, love, love it. I might have to put it on later when I don’t have to go out in the snow anymore. Obviously, I am going to have to make a top to wear with it…

This is my top so far. I had some facing problems and got as far clipping the curves before I discovered things just weren’t right.



I’ve decided to do away with the facing and try to come up with a creative solution. I am probably going to trim away some of the fabric, stay stitch all over again and use some bias binding.

This is our cat, Mouser, out helping us sled:



She didn’t offer to actually go down the hill with us, but she was there to hang out. She also helped the kids build this snowman:



Hope everyone has a happy New Year!

Comments

Laura Bray said…
That is such a cute skirt! Darling fabric. I've got a cold too and it is hanging on. Every time I think I'm better, I end up feeling worse a few hours later.

Popular Posts