A Bagel-y Day

Today I made bagels. Yummy. Knitter #2 will be very happy. She loves to have half a bagel for breakfast. I’m worried my yeast is starting to get old, so I used a bit more than I usually do. Since my bagels came out fine, I have to draw the conclusion that it IS getting old. I like to buy it in large quantities because it is cheaper, but then I slack off on baking and it doesn’t get used up fast enough. This means I need to bake more, obviously. Or start buying in smaller quantities.

For the past few months, I’ve been thinking about doing different things with my hair. I love my hair, but I also want to change it. I think it was back in November that I had highlights put in. I don’t think I will do that again. They look nice, but I like the darkness of my hair. I rather like having my hair match my nearly black eyes. Now I am thinking about adding some bangs. I haven’t had bangs in something like 15 years. I’ve spent the last 3 months looking for pictures of people with hair like mine. There is no point in getting my hair cut to look like something it just isn’t. Like straight as a rail. My hair is wavy, and I have always loved really straight hair. I never used to understand what people meant when they talk about how important a woman’s hair was to her. When I was young, I would regularly cut it all off. Now it doesn’t grow so fast and I worry about even having some bangs cut. Oh, to be 20 again. But just for the hair.

A few days ago, I told my cousin I would pick her up on my way to JoAnn’s because they have Butterick patterns on sale this weekend. Well, probably all week. Anyway, I keep a list of patterns I want. Today I checked my list and there weren’t any Butterick patterns on it. Ha ha, joke’s on me. I am so desperate to be away from my kids and Brent, that I spent the morning looking for Butterick patterns that I might want. I did find some Vogue patterns I want, so it’s all good now.

Comments

Popular Posts