Please Slap Me

What a busy weekend we had. Our birthday party was followed by a bonfire at my in laws with Brent’s little brother. Saturday his sisters came and we went to birthday party for their uncle. He is 75. My father in law was his twin, but now he shares a birthday with our youngest. It was a fun and touching party. Some people got drunk. I was a designated driver, so I wasn’t one of them. Many of uncle Jimmy’s friends from high school were there. How cool is that?

I have started some socks for my Dad for Christmas with the Trekking. I haven’t used it before, but I already love it. I’m using a pattern from Knitting Vintage Socks called Gentleman’s Plain Winter Socks. I really like the way the colors are looking so far. These socks look very similar to a pair she has in Folk Socks. Ravelry has several pair of them made with Trekking, which made me breathe easier. I kept worrying about running out of yarn.

I am in serious need of a good slap. One of you needs to come by my house and slap the hell out of me. I keep buying all these knitting books. Last Friday I went into JoAnn’s and they had more knitting books. Probably in preparation for the sale they are having this weekend where all the quilting, crochet, and knitting books will be 40% off. I fully intend to go back this weekend and get me some on sale. I’m going the first day so that there is hopefully a good selection. There is one I have my eye on, and hopefully no one snatches it before I get there. See??? I seriously need a slap.

Comments

Popular Posts