Winter Is Coming

I’ve been busy over the weekend. I found a couple new books Friday afternoon in JoAnn’s. One of them was a cupcake book. Knitter #2 helped me try out that book on Saturday afternoon. I also got this book:



It looks like so much fun. Embroidery was my first love. I learned to embroider when I was about 9 or 10. I don’t do as much of it these days as I would like to. I’ve been really enjoying the book. It has some nice pictures and LOADS of transfers. A girl can never have too many embroidery transfers. Much the same way a girl can never have too many knitting books.

Yesterday I worked on this:



I also worked on making a pal for it. They are the Pocket Creatures from Knitty. In the pictures with the pattern, they somehow look bigger. Maybe the girl in the pictures isn’t as old as I thought she was. These things are going to make the perfect sized toys for Knitter #3’s birthday. They are the perfect size for a 2 year old to play with. They will fit well in her little hands. The originals were hand warmers, so I altered the pattern a bit. Little stuffed toys don’t need an opening, so I closed them up and did away with the pocket part that held the little rice bags you stick inside them.

This is what we saw Saturday morning:



There was snow on the mountains in September. Most of it disappeared by noon and it was all gone later. However, there is way more today. I don’t think any of it will stay this early in the year. The snow that stays usually shows up a month from now. We are having freakish weather today. Either pouring rain or sunshine. It seems a little more like spring weather than fall weather.

Comments

Popular Posts